So what do I blog about? If I had a penny for every time I heard this, I’d be living in Majorca already overlooking the beach relaxing in the glory of the hot sun, while writing my blog post.
I will answer this question by asking another question:
Can you identify your areas of excellence?
If you know your areas of excellence, that’s what you should be blogging on.
It’s that simple. Identify your areas of excellence. Spotlight those areas of your life that tap your highest levels of excellence, joy, and energy and then start blogging about them.
You have special gifts and abilities so use them to achieve excellence through blogging. If you are committed to mastering blogging, and you combine this with your existing skills, you can realise your dream of creating a thriving blog business.
When you are actively pursuing an area that engages any of your special gifts or abilities, you will find that:
- You excel at the activity. Your performance is not merely good; it is outstanding.
- You experience real joy in the activity. You find it more than pleasant or interesting; you revel in the experience. So will your readers. Inspiration is contagious.
- You are stimulated, engaged, and you feel energized. You come to life when you are involved in this activity. Even though you may have done a full day’s work, this subject gets you buzzing so it’s easy to write about it.
- You are motivated to continuously improve these unique gifts and abilities. You set your own performance benchmarks for these skills, and they are at the highest level. Your motivation is internal, fueled by your realization that these talents, developed properly, will lead you to realize your most treasured goals and dreams. You will be a top rated blogger
So what is your area of excellence.
- In what areas are you not merely good but excellent?
- Which of your business activities bring you the most joy?
- Which of your business activities most energize you?
- In what activities are you engaged when you notice people around you becoming energized?
- In what areas of your business do you find yourself most eager to learn and grow?
- What activity would you do again and again, just because you want to.
Are you now feeling any closer to knowing what to blog about. Come on think about it!
- What makes you come alive?
- What do you like to do in your life?
- What do you know a lot about?
So what can you write about?
Let’s face it, if you don’t enjoy writing about a topic, your writing will inevitably suffer. If you don’t care about your topic, you’ll find it difficult to get yourself to sit down and churn out content on a regular basis. You need the passion for your topic. The amazing thing is you can actually make money doing what you love.
When you blog on your passions you can just write so easily. You sit down, your thoughts just flow and your fingers type away at the keyboards. It’s an awesome feeling.
I seem to operate on autopilot once I start to blog, the ideas just seem to come out of me. I have never as yet hit the point where i struggle with having to write.
So find your passions … the titles of your posts, the content and everything else will just fall into place.