Has your professional life reached the point where you feel stuck in a rut and you know that a change of direction is what is needed?
You’re ready to re-energize your business and get it back on track. You should congratulate yourself to owning up to this instead of just carrying on getting nowhere nearer to your goals, and be willing and eager to change course in business straight away. .
Every entrepreneur is on the look out to constantly increase their business revenue and net profit. They need to create new profit centers and income streams. This is what business is all about.
Your business has been financially stalled and you want to rev up the revenue engine. You’re not bringing in the amount of business you once did, and it is time to look at what is not working and change it. Well changing direction simply makes sense.
Working on a new business direction can be both pretty exciting, yet at the same time nerve racking. You’ve got great ideas, but you want it done like yesterday. But that’s when mistakes happen. Anything worth doing is worth doing properly. And you want to get this right because the payoffs you know will be awesome.
Richard Branson once said “Companies aren’t future-proof” and nothing lasts forever. An entrepreneur must be prepared to adapt, and change where necessary. Just because you decide to go in another direction doesn’t mean you got it wrong at the start. You could try to fool yourself and sit back and rest on your laurels instead of furiously working to make things better.
Sometimes you have to take your company in a new direction because circumstances and opportunities have changed. You may have found that a lot of your billable business was lost when government funding was suddenly diverted, maybe cheaply produced competitive products have been brought into the market place by a major corporate. All this is out of your control, but you are shrewd and aware to know when it’s time to make the changes.
In fact when you now revamp the business you can make it better than it was ever before. It may take a little longer, but the results will be so worth while.
There can be so many advantages in doing this.
• Every business owner experiences “plateaus” where they tire of doing what they’ve been doing. They want change, and need to come up with new a direction in order to stay in business.
• Markets change and your business must change to meet the market, or you’re going to get left behind.
• You can take advantage of new trends.
• You can offer new things that no one else is doing that you see a “window of opportunity” waiting for you
• It’s challenging and fun. You’re so full of business ideas that you know these changes are going to be world beaters.
• You see a need that no one’s satisfying and you’re in the position to do something about it.
• The years you have spent already have shown you a variety of opportunities just waiting for you to move into, you just have to make a change in direction to make the most of them.
This opportunity is yours to make the most of it, if you do it right: No business model is set in stone, and few will last forever without undergoing change.
As a mentor I love nothing more than helping people to
• re-energize their business and get it back on track
• help them to take their business in a far more profitable direction
• Support them in adopting a business that increases their number of clients, sales and income.
Sometimes all it takes is someone to hold your hand and take you step-by-step through a proven process that will pave your way to success.
It must be terrible to feel trapped or stuck on what to do, especially while your income is just not what you need it to be. Alas sometimes the desperation makes you want everything far quicker than is possible. Those of us who have succeeded in changing direction, and building successful new businesses, know that what is important is not just to tinker with what hasn’t worked, but completely revamp it, which we know takes time.
But when are work is our life, and we love what we do, it’s worth that extra bit of waiting to make sure we get everything 100% right. Of course we could take shortcuts, but guess what happens, we end up with a business no more successful than the one we are trying to change.
When it comes to online business, there is no denying that the market is flooded with a lot of competition. So before you launch yourself online, you need to make sure your new venture is absolutely the best it can be.
Whatever you do, don’t panic, get freaked out, fear that you’ll never get to the finish line. The best thing to know is that revamping your business may take time, but when done right it will be worth it.
Commit to action, give it the change the time it deserves and make it the best it can be, don’t deviate from this new path!