Hello. My name is Larry Lewis and I am a blogging addict. I cannot believe how truly addictive blogging has become for me. Not only do I blog all day and everyday but I have several different blogs going. My business is now totally focused around blogging too. Seriously, how much blogging can one person do…ALOT!
I’m not complaining either, and I’m certainly not looking for recovery. Blogging has changed my life. Many people dream of finding their passion and turning it into a successful business, and this is exactly what blogging has done for me.
Doing what you love is the key to a happy life. Some people may think being rich is the key. That’s good too, but when you feel the sense of accomplishment doing what you love, life seems much happier and fulfilling.
Two years ago I started blogging without much aim. I was laid up, unable to work in the gym due to a major eye operation, and I had to do something to keep myself entertained. As you can imagine I started out just like as anyone else. I visited other blogs and formed relationships with bloggers all around the world.
I jumped into the blogging waters and muddled my way through. But over the last nine months, I have come to realize that blogging is what I was meant to do, and I have been fortunate enough to be able to become a full time blogger.
In those days, I’d write and publish maybe 2 or 3 posts a week. Now it’s more like at least 10 to 12. Nothing can stop me from keying away on my laptop to share my words of wisdom with the world.
Being a blogger requires creativity. It requires dedication. Even more so, it requires an addiction to the act of blogging itself.
In truth Blogging is very addictive in itself. In a sense you feel empowered whenever you voice out certain opinions or simply share whatever musings you’ve got on life in general. Plus, it’s a great way to reach an audience.
Blogging has provided me so much. It has given me:
- An accountability platform;
- a motivational compass;
- a place for creativity and exploration;
- a networking community;
- and a new business model to alter the course of my life.
So what started out as a hobby for me ended up taking over my life. Posting every day, juggling several blogs, teaching others how to blog, helping others to build their blogs and so much more. And I certainly can say that blogging has enriched my life.
How about you? Are you a blog addict?
Here are a few clues to help you give yourself a check out to find whether you are a blogging addict
- You would rather stay in on a Saturday Night writing blog posts than going out with your friends on the town.
- Every time you watch television or read a newspaper you’re constantly thinking of new posts that you could write
- You have considered writing a blog for your cat, dog or gold fish.
- You’re constantly having to pull over to the side of the road when driving to jot down a potential blog topic that has come to mind.
- You can’t go to bed before you check whether you have received any comments on the latest article you’ve posted.
- You talk to other bloggers on facebook more than you do your off line friends and family using all forms of communication methods
- In order for your family to keep up with what’s going on in your life, they have to read your blog.
- Your most used expression is ‘I’ve got to write a blog post, I can’t do anything else’.
If you answered yes to 3 or more, well guess what, you’re a blog addict.